Attorney admitted to the Madrid Bar. Marta works as corporate lawyer specialized in advising emerging growth companies and venture capital funds in their investment in Spain. Her practice focuses on counselling companies in relation to formation, capital structure, corporate governance, employee stock ownership plans, commercial agreements and general corporate matters. Marta also advises venture capital funds with respect to equity and debt financing transactions.
Marta has prior legal experience in Brussels, where she spent one year training with an international legal firm and the European Commission.
Marta studied Law at the University of Malaga and the University of Bergen (Norway), and holds a Postgraduate degree in EU Law (University Autonoma of Madrid) and a EU&Competition Law LL.M (University Carlos III of Madrid).
Languages: Spanish, English and French.
Transactional experience within the IT High Growth Companies and Venture Capital sector:
- Advised two leading US VC funds as lead investors in the Series C financing of mobile first peer to peer market place for second hand goods Wallapop.
- Advised Greylock Capital as lead investor in a Series B follow on financing of a Spanish high growth company.
- Advised PackLink, the European online package shipping marketplace, on its $12.6 million Series C financing led by venture capital fund Fidelity Growth Partners (currently Eight Roads Ventures) with the participation of existing Series B and Series A investors Accel Partners and Active Venture Partners.
- Advised Chicfy on its follow on financing round led by venture capital fund Cabiedes & Partners.
- Appointed vice-secretary to the board of Casi Nuevo Kids (Percentil) after its Series A financing round led by Seaya Ventures and Active Venture Partners.
- Advised two leading US VC funds as investors in the Series D financing of Wallapop.
- Advised Kibo Ventures as lead investor in the Series A financing of Tappx, a platform for app developers to cross promote apps and monetize their inventory using Tappx’s own SSP platform. Appointed secretary to the board of the company.
- Advised Greylock Capital in relation to the financing of an online personal loan platform to be launched in Mexico by a Spanish high growth company.
- Advised JME Venture Capital and Kibo Ventures as lead investors in the € 6 million Series B financing of digital content as a service (DCaaS) platform ODILO.
- Advised the co founders of the robot building for the construction industry Scaled Robotics on their equity financing and joint venture agreement with PERI GMBH.
- Advised Kibo Ventures as lead investor in corporate training through games platform Gamelearn Series A financing.
- Advised Clicars.com and its two co-founders in relation to Aramisauto’s (PSA Group) investment and acquisition of a majority stake in the company with Seaya Capital acquiring a minority stake.
- Advise to Tripadvisor group in relation to the Spanish regulatory aspects of their on line holiday rental platforms and websites.
- Advised Packlink on a bridge convertible loan financing subscribed by Series A, Series B and Series C investors.
- Advised Packlink the European online package shipping marketplace in relation to its venture debt financing by venture debt specialist Harbert European Growth Capital Fund.
- Advised Kibo Ventures and JME Ventures as lead investors in the Series C financing of 21 Buttons an online platform, which operates with digital media and as a fashion social and shopping network.
- Advised Kibo Ventures as lead investor in the Series A financing of provider of valet parking and car rental services through a native app and platform Llollo App.
- Advised European venture debt specialist Harbert European Growth Capital Fund in its venture debt financing of Promofarma an online health & wellness marketplace.
- Advised European venture debt specialist Harbert European Growth Capital Fund in its venture debt financing of online recruitment platform Job&Talent.
- Advised the international student community and accommodation platform Erasmusu.com and its founders in their sale of a 100% stake to Spotahome Ltd.
- Advised Kibo Ventures as the leading institutional investor and Harbert European Growth Capital in connection with the sale of 100% of online health & wellness marketplace Promofarma to Swiss online pharmacy group Zur Rose.
- Advised Kibo Ventures and Castel Capital as lead investors in the Series B financing of last-mile delivery platform Paack.
- Advised Packlink Shipping in relation to its Series D financing round with participation of previous rounds’ venture capital investors Active, Accel and Eight Roads and industry investors.
- Advised founders of online platform for commercialisation of organic and eco-friendly products Planeta Huerto in the sale of 100% of Planeta Huerto to Carrefour’s subsidiary Greenweez.
- Advised venture capital investors Kibo Ventures, Bankiner venture capital, Bonsai Partners and Castel Capital in the convertible debt financing of last mile delivery solution provider Paack in February 2019.
- Advised BIPI and its founders in its series B financing led by venture capital mobility specialist Maniv in June 2019.
- Advised last mile e-commerce parcel delivery solution Paack and its founders in its series C financing led by venture capital fund Unbound in July 2019.
- Advised founders and sellers of leading online ecommerce site for wine and spirits Bodeboca in the sale to Pernod Ricard group in July 2019.
- Advised IA chatbot technology company 1MillionBot in relation to its Series A financing in September 2019.